The Child Support Agency (CSA) in Australia is part of Services Australia. You can contact Services Australia by phone or online to get information or assistance with child support matters.
To contact CSA by phone, call the Child Support general enquiries line on 131 272 from within Australia, or +61 3 6222 3455 from outside Australia. The line is open Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm (local time) except for national public holidays.
You can also contact CSA online through the myGov website.
If you need urgent assistance, you can also visit a Services Australia centre in person. Service centres are located across Australia. You can find your nearest one by using the service centre locator on the Services Australia website.
What Is 131272?
131272 is the Child Support Agency contact number.
Technically, 131 272 is a general enquiries phone number for Services Australia. Services Australia is the government agency responsible for administering the child support system in Australia.
By calling 131272, you can get information or assistance with child support matters, including making and tracking payments, updating your personal details, and getting help with disputes.
The line is open Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm (local time) except for national public holidays.
How Do I Get Through to an Operator?
To get through to an operator when you call the child support line, you’ll need to follow the prompts provided by the automated system. The automated system will ask you questions to determine which service you need.
To speak to an operator, you can follow these steps:
- Call the child support general enquiries line on 131 272.
- When the automated system answers, listen to the options provided and select the one that best matches your needs.
- If you’re unable to find the service you need through the automated system, you can select the option to speak to an operator. You may need to wait on hold for a long time before being connected to an operator.
The child support line is open Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm (local time) except for national public holidays.
Because you may be waiting for a long time, you may want to put your phone on speaker and sit it down while you do something else. It’s also good to call at unusual times when they may be less busy. For example, it could be hard to get through on Monday morning or during lunchtimes.
How Do I Access Online CSA Services?
To access online services for child support in Australia, you will need to create a myGov account and link it to Child Support.
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the myGov website (https://my.gov.au/) and click on the “Create a myGov account” button.
- Follow the prompts to create your myGov account. You will need to provide your personal details and create a username and password.
- Once you have created your myGov account, you will need to link it to Child Support.
Once you have linked your myGov account, you’ll be able to access a range of online services, including those related to child support. These services may include estimating income, making and tracking payments, updating your personal details, and getting help with disputes.
You can access these services by logging in to your myGov account and clicking on the “Child Support” button.
Services Australia is a government agency that provides a range of services to the Australian community, including social security, health, and child support services. It was formerly known as the Department of Human Services (DHS), but was rebranded as Services Australia in 2020.
Services Australia is responsible for administering a number of programs and services that support the needs of individuals, families, and communities in Australia. Some of the services provided by Services Australia include:
- Social security payments, such as the Age Pension, Disability Support Pension, and Carer Payment
- Health services, including the Medicare Benefits Scheme and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme
- Child support services, including calculating and collecting child support payments and helping parents to come to agreements about child support
- Services for people with disability, including the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Services for older Australians, including the Aged Care system
You can contact Services Australia by phone or online to get information or assistance with any of these services. You can also visit a Services Australia service centre in person, or use the online services available through the myGov website.
How CSA Became Services Australia
The Child Support Agency (CSA) was a government agency in Australia that was responsible for administering the child support system in Australia. The CSA was established in 1988 as part of the Child Support Scheme, which was introduced by the Australian Government to provide financial support to children whose parents were separated or divorced.
The CSA was responsible for calculating and collecting child support payments, as well as helping parents to come to agreements about child support. The CSA also provided a range of services to families and individuals, including information and assistance with child support matters, and mediation and dispute resolution services.
In 2018, the CSA was merged with the Department of Human Services (DHS) to form a new agency called Services Australia. After the merger, the DHS took over the responsibilities of the CSA and became responsible for administering the child support system in Australia. The DHS was rebranded as Services Australia in 2020.